Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Anchors Aweigh!

 I love the nautical "trend" because I love anchors (obviously).   And while I'm not a huge sea or ocean swimmer, I find the sea calming and I love being near it even though I live in a city.  I created these Anchors Aweigh earrings with a nautical old school tattoo charm.


Last month, the Ahoy Sailor stamp set was showcased in Muse Mondays at the Bombshell Stamps Blog and I had originally intended for these earrings to be done for one of the posts but I didn't get them finished in time.  So since they are now completed, I am sharing them with all of you!


  I stamped the large metal charm with the Bridgette Uppercase and Lowercase stamp sets by ImpressArt.  The star is also from the Uppercase set.  The swallows I stamped onto a smaller charm and riveted onto the larger charm. The swallow metal stamps are by Beaducation.


I made the Anchor charm from the anchor stamp by Bombshell Stamps' Ahoy Sailor stamp set.  I stamped it in Tsukineko Memento ink, colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and then covered it in Glossy Accents.  Once the Glossy Accents were dry I used a jewelry hole punch to punch a hole in the top of the anchor and attached the earrings together with jump rings and added ear wires.  These earrings are pretty long, about 3 3/4 inches in length, but I love big earrings so these fit the bill. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a crafty day!
- Kim

Note: While nautical and cool, I wouldn't wear these earrings in the water or shower or allow them to get wet.  The anchor charms are paper after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment