Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Seashell Decor - eCraft DT Tuesday

Hi Everyone! 

Today I have not 1, not 2, but 3 home decor projects to show you.  I love being able to change the decor in my house for different seasons/holidays, and my eCraft makes it so easy to do! 

Using my eCraft, I cut out a shell svg in vellum and cardstock.  See below how I used these shells in all 3 projects!

Supplies
eCraft
eCraft Shop Pro
SVG Cuts - Wet N Wild SVG Kit (shell top and bottom cut out at 2 inches wide)
Vellum - light blue
Cardstock - We R Memory Keepers

other supplies used:
2 glass votive holders
Baker's Twine
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Tape - Removable
Battery Operated Tea Lights
Strawberry Baskets
Pop Dots
Wooden Skewer
Sticker and Cardstock (Authentique - Fresh Collection)
String Lights


First, in eCraftShop Pro I imported the Shell Top (from SVG Cuts Wet N Wild SVG Kit) at 2 inches wide and cut out a bunch of them in cardstock with my eCraft.   Then I imported the Shell bottom (from SVG Cuts Wet N Wild SVG Kit) at 2 inches wide and cut out a bunch of them in blue vellum. For the vellum I used a cardstock stabilizer and a pressure setting of 1, tabs at D1 W1.   (I used 8 shells all together for the tea light holders, 2 on the seashell holder, and 23 on the Shell mini light hanging.)



Shell Tea Light Holders

For this project, I braided some bakers twine and tied it around the bottom of the glass votive holder.  Then I took 4 of the shells I cut out and adhered one to each side of the glass votive.



 I used a little bit of removable tape on the back of the shell, this way after the summer season is over I won't have a hard time getting the shell off of the glass when I re-use the glass holders for another project.  


Place a battery operated tea light inside and your decor is ready to use!


Seashell Basket



I took a strawberry basket and tied some twine around it.  Then I placed two of the shell svgs on the front of it using pop dots.  The sign on the back of the holder is a sticker (by Authentique's Fresh Collection) that I placed onto cardstock and cut out with scissors.  I took a wooden skewer and cut off the pointy end and then cut the skewer in half.  I wrapped twine around the two pieces, adhered it to the sticker, placed it into the basket and filled it in with shells. 


Seashell Lights


 I took 6 pieces of bakers twine the length of my lights and tied them together.  Then I added the shells onto the bakers twine using a little bit of adhesive (tape) on the back top of the shell (Where you can see the cardstock through the vellum.)  My lights were already hanging so all I did was weave the stringed shells around the lights making sure the vellum/cardstock shells are not actually touching the lights. 


I hope you enjoyed these 3 fun summer projects!  If you have any questions please ask below.

Have a wonderful day!

- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment