Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Bombshell July Sketch Challenge

The sketch challenge for July is up on the Bombshell Stamps blog.  This month's sketch is a fun one! 

For my card, I used the Butterfly Dreams stamp set.  I used Glory by Authentique for the cardstock because I wanted this card to have a vintage patriotic color scheme.  I used Distress Ink in Tea Dye for the base of the card to go with the newspaper print cardstock.  
The butterfly was colored with Spectrum Noir markers. The circles and flower were cut out using my Silhouette Cameo, both of the shapes are from the Silhouette Studio online store. The flowers edges were inked with a Spectrum Noir marker.


And of course in typical me fashion, I used pop dots to give some dimension to this card.


Thank you for stopping by here today.  Make sure to check out the rest of the cards on the Bombshell Stamps blog and link up your take on the sketch.  All you have to do is use your Bombshell Stamps!

Have a great day!
- Kim

Linking these up to:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Patriotic
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Creative - Anything Goes or International Colors
Make It Monday #147

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, loving all the dimension, really makes the flower pop. Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I am also a fan of all the dimension. Great vintage colour tones too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I really love the construction of this project! I think this is such a creative design. Adding dimensions to the elements of your design not only added depth, but also contributed to the uniqueness of your design. It is a wonderful vintage, patriotic, salute to the USA! Thanks for playing our twist at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layers and the beautiful butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, super colours and love the layering. Saw this on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete