Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Vintage Rose


Hey Everyone! 

June is my month as a Bombshell Pin-Up over at Bombshell Stamps and today I have a card to share with all of you.  Instead of my usual dimensional projects and cards, I challenged myself to make a card that did not have a lot of dimension and no pop dots! 

Here's my vintage yet modern card featuring Rose -



The cardstock, frame and eyelets with side lacing give this card a vintage feel, yet modern since I colored Rose in with brighter colored Copics. 

The inside -


Supplies Used:
Bombshell Stamps - Rose's Portrait
My Mind's Eye 6x6 Paper Pad - Nostalgia Collection
Copic Markers
Inks - Tsukineko Memento; Clearsnap; Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Ranger Inkssentials Surfaces Specialty Stamping Paper
eCraft by Craftwell Electronic Die Cutting Machine
SVG Cuts - Antique Frame from Attic Treasures SVG Kit
Eyelets - Making Memories
Ribbon - Offray
Adhesive - Xyron Mega Runner; Xyron 5 inch Creative Station
Scissors
Scoring Tool

Rose was colored in with Copics, cut out, edges inked and adhered onto an oval piece of blue striped cardstock.  The frame (by SVG Cuts Attic Treasures SVG Kit) was cut out with my eCraft electronic cutting machine and adhered together and placed in front of Rose.  The card is 2 pieces of 6x6 paper scored about an inch from the left hand side. I then adhered the one inch piece together, punched 16 brown eyelets in this space and laced the eyelets with ribbon and bows.  The frame was then adhered to the front of the card.  The inside of the card was stamped with Rose's poem, Thinking of you sentiment, roses, and rose with banner stamps in Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress ink.

I hope you enjoyed this card! If you have any questions please ask below.

Have a great day!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment