Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

The eBosser and a Haunted House

Hi Everyone!

The awesome eBosser by Craftwell was on HSN yesterday!  Did you get a chance to watch?! Did you order one?!  By the time the day was over, HSN sold out of them.  Amazing!!! 

I really love the eBosser.  It embosses and cuts dies, and the best part is that you can use the dies you already own.  My favorite part is the large 8 1/2 x 11.7 inch platform.  Some other machines have the small and long sized platforms that you need to use depending on your dies, but not the eBosser!  There is only 1 set of platforms (A, B, C, D and E)  and they are all 8 1/2 x 12 --  so you don't need extra storage for your multiple size platforms.  It's also electronic, so there is no hand cranking involved.  I personally can't wait to emboss larger areas of my projects using it!

So far I've embossed a bunch of cardstock and I love how crisp and beautiful the embossing is. I've also cut cardstock, fun foam, and felt (the stiffer kind) with dies and they all cut great! 

If you did see the eBosser on HSN, that Happy Halloween Banner that was in front of the table was made by my fellow Craftwell DT member, Denise O'Connor.  I loooove that banner! It is so gorgeous! I can imagine how beautiful it must be in person.

 I made the Haunted House that was on the left hand side of the table of the HSN display.  If you saw it, and you are a customer/fan of SVG Cuts, it may have looked a little familiar to you!   I was inspired by SVG Cuts Haunted House in the Elmhurst Hollow SVG Kit and by Tamara's Gothic Glam Haunted House for the SVG Cuts Design Team. 

I don't have a tutorial for this but below I've included a list of some of the svg kits and supplies used in making this haunted house.

 Everything is made with cardstock, except for the vellum windows, wire on the moon and the base.  The base (ground) is a wooden board which I picked up at AC Moore and painted black with acrylic paint.

Supplies
eCraft and eBosser by Craftwell
Cardstock by Bazzill
SVG Cuts Kits and Collections: Elmhurst Hollow (bats, fence, and haunted house minus the windows and eyes), Dreadful Halloween Cupcake Wrappers (Jack O Lantern and Bat), Hazel's Wicked Witch Crafts (Jack O Lanterns, cat, skull, raven, trees, windows, Casandra the witch), Salazar's Scary Squares (ghosts).
Gravestones and Walk-way were made using SCAL3 basic shapes 
Dies: Pumpkin Mini Metal Die by Cottage Cuts; Spider and bat die by ProvoCraft  
Embossing Folders by Sizzix, Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix and ProvoCraft

My favorite part of the Haunted House are some shadows that I put inside the windows that you can see when the battery operated tealight candles are on.  On the left side of the house is a ghost in the window (which you can't see in these pics) and a cat in the top left front window (which you also can't see -- darn cheap battery operated tea lights!) and the witch in the bottom right window.



Thanks for letting me share my Haunted House with you!  If you have any questions please ask below.

Have a great day!

- Kim

1 comment: