Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Easy Halloween Decor - Halloween Spooktacular Day 19

  A few years ago I picked up a few packs of these Halloween die cut cardstock silhouettes from Dollar Tree.  There were quite a few diecuts in the pack. One package was bats, the other cats, another rats, another spiders and webs, etc.  I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with them as they've been sitting around for quite a few years as it is.  So this year I decided to use them for some outdoor Halloween Decor.
 
I didn't want to put vinyl outside on the house which is why I didn't just whip up some vinyl die cuts and stick them up. So I ended up laminating the diecuts and hanging them up with push pins.  (I know it's weird, I'd rather small holes that can be patched up rather then vinyl peeling off the paint or getting it all sticky.)  I guess I'd rather do it this way too because it reminds me of decorations we had when I was a child.  We used to decorate the porch with cardstock cats, scarecrows and jack-o-lanterns and hung them up with thumbtacks. 

  First I took the die cut -
Then put them in a laminating pouch and sent them through my laminating machine.
I cut them out around the edges and hung them up outside.
 They were quick and easy to make. They've also held up well. Thankfully the weather hasn't been bad this week at all. 


- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment