Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bombshell Altered Bulletin Board

Hey Everyone!

Ms. April's Challenge over at Bombshell Stamps is to bring out your alter ego!  How? By creating an altered project using your Bombshell Stamps.  I had this old bulletin board lying around that I never use, it was screaming out, 'alter me!'   And it was altered. 

It went from a plain 'ol board to a fabulous Bombshell board.  I love how it turned out, and I definitely will be using it now. 

Here it is! Complete with bottle cap push pins.  Read on below for a quick tutorial.

Supplies:
Bulletin Board
Painter's Tape
Acrylic Paint - I used My Studio Acrylic paint in Turquoise and Sizzle Pink
Paint Brush / Paint Sponge
Bombshell Stamps - Sugar Skulls, Classic Tattoo Font, Ahoy Sailor, Classic Tattoo
Copic Markers
Bottle Caps
White Cardstock
1 inch Circle Punch - I used one by EK Success and it fit perfectly into the bottle caps
Push Pins
Staz-On Ink
E6000 glue

First I dusted off that old bulletin board -
As you can see, I took a picture after I already put a piece of tape down.

Next - I arranged my painters tape in the pattern I wanted. 

In the middle of the diamond like shapes is where I painted the turquoise.  (I say diamond like because mine isn't entirely even, I'm okay with that though.)

After the turquoise paint dried, I peeled off the painter's tape and in the area that is still bulletin board brown I painted in Sizzle Pink.  Once the pink had dried, I painted the frame portion turquoise.  I did need more than one coat of each color (probably about 4-5 coats of paint).  When I make this again, I think I may use a primer first.    


Once all your paint has dried, go ahead and stamp your images onto the bulletin board with Staz-On Ink.  I used the Sugar Skulls Stamp Set.
  Your bulletin board is now ready for some serious push pin action!  To make the push pins, I simply stamped my Bombshell Stamps onto white cardstock and colored them with my copic markers.  I then punched out the part of the image I wanted with my 1 inch circle punch and glued the back of the image into the bottle cap.  Once that dried, I adhered the bottle cap to the top of the push pin with E6000 glue, and let it dry overnight. 

And there you have it, a fun and bright Bombshelled up Bulletin Board. 

Also, the little note on the board is plain white cardstock with two Bombshell stamps at the top. Stamps make plain paper more fun!

Thanks for looking, and be sure to check out the Bombshell Stamps Blog to see all of the Bombshell Ladies' awesome altered projects!  Don't forget to link up your own altered Bombshell project also!

- Kim

No comments: