Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Washi Tape Background Tutorial

Happy Friday Everyone!

Today's tutorial is an easy way to use Washi Tape and your Bombshell Stamps. 


 I like using washi tape as a background for my stamped image. I used the small icon stamps that are in the Bombshell Sets underneath the washi tape.

Supplies:
Bombshell Stamps Lucky Bride Set
Tsukineko Memento Ink in Jet Black
Washi Tape
Copic Markers
Star Bling / rhinestones
adhesive
pop dots
scissors
white cardstock card

First I inked up the stamp I wanted to use as the main image, stamped it and colored it with Copic Markers on white cardstock.  I fussy cut out the image, inked the edges black and set it aside to dry.  

I cut out a square using Sizzix dies and a die-cutting/embossing machine, but you can also just cut down a piece of cardstock to 3 1/2 by 3 1/2.  I then stamped the small diamond and bow icon stamp onto the square. 
 Once it was dry, I took a piece of washi tape and placed it across the top of the square, securing the ends of the tape to the back. 

I just continued placing the washi tape overlapping the pieces slightly until the entire square was covered.
Next, I placed pop dots underneath this square piece and adhered it onto a white cardstock card. 
I then attached the Bliss Horseshoe stamped image onto the top of the washi tape square using pop dots underneath for more dimension.

 I then added some star bling in each corner.  

So there you have it, a quick and easy way to use those icon stamps and a washi tape way to show off your awesome Bombshell artwork!

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  If you have any questions please ask below!

Happy Craftin'!
- Kim

You can also see this tutorial on the Bombshell Stamps Blog!  Check out the Bombshell Stamps Blog every Friday for a new tutorial by the DT members.

2 comments:

  1. I am positively going to be using this tutorial. I had no idea how to use my washi tape and this is inpsired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dimly recall telling you that I love this tutorial and what you created. Only apparently I didn't. So I'm delusional. *sigh*

    Fabulous tutorial and something I'm most definitely going to try!

    ReplyDelete