Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ms. July's Pin Up Challenge @ Bombshell Stamps

Over at Bombshell Stamps, Ms. July's Challenge was to create some jewelry using Bombshell Stamps and paper.  So, I did just that!

Using the Love and Luck Set, I created these 2 necklaces.

I loooooooove this sparrow and banner necklace!



And using the Classic Tattoo Set, I made these earrings.


How did I make these you ask?  Well, first I stamped the images onto cardstock, colored them in with my copics, and then fussy cut them out.  Next, I ran them through my Xyron 5 inch Creative Station using the Laminate Refill.  The laminate is double sided.  Once out of the creative station, I fussy cut the pieces out of the laminate and used a safety pin to make a hole for jump rings.  Then I attached the jumprings, chains, findings, until my jewelry piece was created!  

Note: Of course, the jewelry is still paper under laminate, so I'm not sure how long these pieces will last.  So far, they are holding up well and I've worn the sparrow and banner necklace twice.  Of course, these will not be able to be worn in the shower, rain, bad weather! (I'm also wondering how long it will take me to rip the jump ring through the paper since I'm sometimes rough with my jewelry!  Oh well, I can always make the charms again...)

Thanks for looking!  Make sure you link up your hand made jewelry at the Bombshell Stamps Blog!  

- Kim

3 comments:

  1. Kim, I am SOOOOOOO in love with these necklaces!!!! I wasn't really interested in getting the Love and Luck set, until I saw what you've made here. I NEED that first necklace!!! Your earrings are pretty rad too! If I may suggest, you might want to try using eyelets to make your holes less rip-able. That's what I do when using more flimsy materials. It really helps. Again, LOVE what you've done here. You really inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, these are so delicate and lovely! I agree with Alison...eyelets make FAB hole protectors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alison and Torrey! I definately will try the eyelets out next time! I was a little intimadated by using only paper and laminate to make these. I think some chipboard underneath and eyelets will be the way to go!

    ReplyDelete