Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Did you ever have a project idea pop into your head as one thing, but as you assembled the project thought, "hmmm... this actually would look cooler as a _____ (fill in the blank!)"?
That's exactly what happened to me as I started making this project. Actually, this happens to me a lot. Okay, A LOT, I have to admit it. I really intended for this project to be a card. But then I thought, this would make a cuter wall hanging than a card, so a wall hanging it became!
When I was a kid, like many kids, we used to catch lightning bugs (fireflys) and put them in jars or plastic containers and at the end of the night let them go. We never put them in mason jars, but I am crazy about the mason jar look, so I knew that I wanted to use a mason jar on this project. Both the mason jar and big firefly are free svg's from SVG Cuts.
-Lettering Delights Font - Carefree Black (Bold; Italics) 1 inch Height; Shadow Layer Size 2.0
-SVG Cuts - Firefly (1 inch wide) from Moonlight Garden Party SVG Collection and shadow layer at 1.0, Firefly SVG Freebie (2.25 inches wide), Mason Jar SVG Freebie (3 inches wide)
-Cardstock: Bo Bunny Camp-A-Lot 6x6 inch paper pad (patterned paper); Bazzill and We R Memory Keepers (solid colors)
-scotch quick dry adhesive
-xyron 1 inch create a sticker
-copic marker - black
First, I resized the top and bottom of the small fireflies to 1 inch wide and added a shadow layer of 1.0 under the bottom of the firefly, and cut these out of cardstock with my eCraft.
Next, I resized all of the pieces of the larger firefly to 2.25 inches wide and cut them out. Then, I resized the mason jar pieces to 3 inches wide and cut them out.
For the lettering, I typed out Summer Nights in Lettering Delights' Carefree Black Font (bold and italics) and resized it to 1 inch in height. I then added a shadow layer of 2.0 around the lettering. I then cut out the letters in yellow cardstock and the shadow background in the star cardstock.
Now that all of my pieces are cut out, I outlined them with a black Copic marker and assembled them together using a combination of Xyron's 1 inch create a sticker, scotch quick dry adhesive, and pop dots. I adhered the finished pieces to a 6x6 piece of cardstock.
I placed 2 eyelets on the top sides (about a 1/2 inch in) and then tied a piece of ribbon through it.
Now the wall hanging is ready to hang!
If you have any questions please leave a comment below.