Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Embossed Cuff Bracelet with Skull Charm - Halloween Spooktacular! Day 4

Welcome to my Halloween Spooktacular Day 4! 

Today I'm playing along with Unity Stamp Company's "Friends with Flair Friday".   I created an embossed cuff bracelet with a skull charm.
The skull stamp is from Unity Stamp Company's "Bones About Halloween" Set (which is a vintage co-branded set with Samantha Walker).  I also stamped part of the flourish stamp around the edges.  These were stamped with Staz-On ink.  I wanted the charm to have a more rustic, old feel to it so I buffed and sanded it a lot after it was finished. I painted the amethyst Vintaj patina so you can see the brush strokes.
I had a piece of scrap leather laying around in my craft room, so I cut it into a rectangle and embossed it in my Cuttlebug with a swirls embossing folder (ProvoCraft).  I used the de-bossed side on the front of the cuff, but as you can tell them embossing is slowly fading.  It was a really deep emboss when I first made this, but has faded over time.  I attached the charm with eyelets and added eyelets on the back to lace up the bracelet corset style with a thin leather rope.
I really can't wait to wear this out tonight! But, this cuff bracelet is great for Halloween or as part of a costume.  As most of you know me by now, I will definitely be wearing this year round.

Thanks for stopping by today!  See you tomorrow!

- Kim

11 comments: