Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Haunted Glass Cutting Board - Halloween Spooktacular Day 10!

  Hi Everyone!  

   Does anyone have a Cricut Expression cutting machine out there?  I pulled mine out and dusted it off to make a birthday present for someone using one of the carts and while I had it out, I remembered I have the elegant and spooky Cricut 'Chic & Scary' cartridge by Teresa Collins.  And I recently picked up some small 8 inch round glass cutting boards from the dollar store that have been sitting here waiting to be vinyl-ized!  So I went to work.
I used Silhouette white vinyl and grey Oracal vinyl on my cutting board.
I applied the vinyl to the underside (side you don't cut on) of the cutting board. Since I was cutting out a word, I had to mirror the image before I cut it out.  I should have actually made the spiderweb smaller then I did because it is a little too large and bubbled in a few areas.  But it has still held up, I'm just careful when I hand wash it.
This cutting board has some really great texture on the top and I think it helps make the finished cutting board a little spookier!

Happy Halloween Crafting!
See you tomorrow!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment